Monday, September 20, 2010

I was Blind but now I see....

OK so I'm not going in order any more.... what can I say I'm scattered that way... one day it will all get compiled into something that vaguely makes sense....


I have always love the song Amazing Grace, though I don't think we are saved by grace alone. the words I was blind but now I see have always touched me deeply.

When a person's eyes are shut, they cannot see. it does not matter if they want to see, or not. it does not matter if they are shut because of their own choice or because of another's choices. If they are Shut, they cannot see.

see. see what?

See truth.... What truth?

The Truth in all things, in any thing, everything.

at various times in our lives, we have closed our eyes to certain ideas.

Why did we do that?
Though there are various reasons we shut our eyes the most common one, is that the truth is hard, and it is easier to close our eyes to it, and not see it, than to acknowledge it. because once we see it we are responsible for doing something about it.

but why not do something about IT?
because, IT requires change. and change is hard. change in what we are doing today, change in our lives for ever, or even change in what we are doing this very moment.

so, if we close our eyes does IT go away?
away from our minds perhaps. but not away from itself. and IT will always be there.

What if my eyes are open, but I still do not see?
Then you must try to see. sometimes after we have refused to see something, it can be very hard to see it again. IT may not happen every day, IT might not want to risk showing itself again and be rejected. IT might be offended by your lack of concern up to this point. IT might be shy and want you to try a little harder, just to show you will not scorn later.

What is IT?

It, is IT. Whatever it is that you have refused to see, and respond to.

Your child doing drugs
Your husband cheating on you
Your friend being beat by his Father
A neglected animal
A tree in the middle of the road, you went around it for yourself, but you did nothing to remove it for others.
The Love of a quite child
The Love of a girl/ or boy
The Love of a Parent, sibling, or friend
The Love of a God


There are many times we are blind in our daily lives. because we choose not to open them.
That also may mean missing out on some of the greatest gifts available to us.

If we close our eyes and someone givers us a gift, but we never open them to see it, did they give it to us?
yes of course they did, but you have been silly and kept your eyes shut.

Open your eyes and see the truth that is in front of you, Good, Bad, Scary, or Wonderful. just OPEN Your Eyes.


I once was lost, but now I'm found, I was blind, but now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are welcome and encouraged to post comments, however anything considered hateful will be removed. it is easy to get caught up in a frustrated moment especially when you disagree with something religious, but please take a moment to read your post and keep to the topic without the hate.